The Christmas season may be over for another year, but at the Buffalo Religious Arts Center, we are still proud to show off some newly acquired items with a Christmas theme.
The parish of Blessed Trinity Church has generously donated the full nativity set from the former Saint Gerard’s Church, a parish it merged with in 2008. The complete set, which includes over two dozen pieces, is of great cultural and historic value to the people of Buffalo.
Saint Gerard’s Church was founded in 1911, and is a one-third reproduction of St. Paul’s Outside-the-Walls in Rome. While this nativity set was not present from the beginning, it is an important part of religious activity for a large portion of St. Gerard’s history, and the Buffalo Religious Arts Center is proud to be its new home.
The Religious Arts Center is now home to a variety of pieces, great and small, high art and cultural touchstones, and all of historic value that tell the story of the faithful in Western New York. Check back soon for more information on future tours.